You are here

2014 R84, barely ridden

Important: this is a small frame SL model (top R-84, next to the DI-2) the weight limit is 160#. I am very short (5'4"). According to Tim Brummer, the xseam range for the bike is 35 to 38. A buyer needing a longer boom can get one from Lightning for about $120. I have put less than 300 miles on it, and though I have never fallen, I've decided that I prefer 3 wheels. If you are interested, I posted my trials and tribulations with trying to get the right fit for this bike, on bentrideronline.com. Ultimately, I had to return it to Lightning to have it refitted for me.

This bike cost over $7500, new. The price is $6200 and I will pay for packing and shipping to the CONUS, only. For local pickup (I'm in central FL), the price is $6000.

Some specifics:

2014 R-84 SL model (weighs about 20#, including pedals)
155mm Lightning Carbon Cranks
FSA K-Force brakes
Dura Ace front Der.
Specialite 34-50 Compact chain rings
10 speed Dura Ace bar end shifters
Mesh seat
XTR 10 speed rear Der 11-34
HED Ardennes SL 650c rear wheel
Velocity Aeroheat 406 front wheel
Continental GP 4000S II 650-23 rear tire
Schwalbe Durano 406-28 folding front tire
Lightning slipover seat bag
Source 1.5 liter hydration system
Speedplay Titanium Frog pedals (without cleats)

Please note that Tim Brummer, of Lightning, has agreed to transfer the warranty to the next buyer, due to the lack of use the bike has gotten. I have had it only since October 2014.

Here's a recent photo of the bike:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u391/cweill/R-84_zpscdee658e.jpg

Price reduced to $5700 and I will pay the shipping and handling cost to CONUS. If it is picked up locally, price is $5500. If this bike fits you, it is a great deal for a nearly new top of the line super lightweight bike.

As an additional cost savings, I am offering this great bike for $5200 delivered, or $5000 for local pickup, without the last 3 components on the list.

Would you ship bike to a lightning dealer in N.C. COD???

I would be happy to ship the bike to wherever you would like me to. However, I will not ship COD. The best way to effect payment and afford all parties protection, is to use Paypal. I understand that, currently, you do not have a Paypal account. You can easily set up an account with them for free and then effect the payment. Otherwise, you can send me a certified check and I will ship the bike, upon the check clearing.

Price reduced to $5000 for local pickup, $5200 shipped Conus. That is $2500 off of this like new, mint condition, low (less than 300 miles) bike with manufacturer's warranty. If it fits you, it is a great deal!

I am now offering this like-new bike for $4500, delivered CONUS! Those familiar with this high end bike will know that this is a steal!

I'll pay you 4700 to deliver it to bonita springs

This bike has sold and is no longer available!

Glad the bike finally passed to someone who will (hopefully) ride it and enjoy it.

Safe riding,
Joel

Navigation

User login